Sunday, September 4, 2016 | By: Юля

Advanced Vocabulary Sets for the SAT, TOEFL, GMAT, and GRE


I am back in the blogging world. These past few years have been really crazy (but in a good way). I've been busy raising my toddler  and teaching students all over the world. I've also developed a wealth of materials for college preparation and passing such tests as the TOEFL, SAT, GMAT, GRE, and PRAXIS I.

Today I would like to share with you the wonderful vocabulary resources developed by Townsend Press and adapted by me with the help of Quizlet: Vocabulary Basics, Building Vocabulary Skills, Improving Vocabulary Skills, Advanced Word Power, and Advancing Vocabulary Skills.

These textbooks present and teach academic vocabulary in an easy-to-digest way and offer a variety of nicely-scaffolded exercises. You can also practice these vocabulary words online for free by creating an account in their Learning Center.

I generally recommend Vocabulary BasicsBuilding Vocabulary Skills, and Improving Vocabulary Skills for the TOEFL and SAT preparation, while Advanced Word Power and Advancing Vocabulary Skills are more appropriate for the GMAT and GRE tests since they present by far more advanced vocabulary.

I use most of these textbooks weekly, and they have proven terrific tools for both me as a teacher and my students. That is why I have uploaded all the words from the textbooks with their definitions on Quizlet so that my students and anyone who might find them useful can further practice the words in a fun way. Since I uploaded them, I have received numerous thank you messages from the Quizlet users. And today I am uploading the links to all these sets here.

Building Vocabulary Skills on Quizlet 

Advancing Vocabulary Skills on Quizlet

Advanced Word Power

(I haven't created any sets for Vocabulary Basics since none of my students has ever needed this level.  - I'll gladly do so if you need. As for Improving Vocabulary Skills, I am currently working on adding these vocabulary sets on Quizlet.)

I hope you have found these resources useful and would love to hear back from you. Any comments, suggestions, questions, and requests are very welcome!

Next time I'll talk about the fantastic TOEFL preparation course I took on my favorite EDX.ORG and will share with you the videos and other materials I found most useful in this course.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your help in learning English

sathyaramesh said...

This is an awesome post.Really very informative and creative contents. These concept is a good way to enhance the knowledge.I like it and help me to development very well.Thank you for this brief explanation and very nice information.Well, got a good knowledge.
Digital Marketing Course in Chennai
Digital Marketing Training in Chennai
Devops Training in Chennai
CCNA Course in Chennai
Cloud Computing Training in Chennai
Data Science Course in Chennai
Digital Marketing Training in Porur

Post a Comment